Goo.gl is a service that takes long URLs and squeezes them into fewer characters to make a link that is easier to share, tweet, or email to friends
This new service has created a lot of buzz with core goals
Stability – ensuring that the service has very good uptime
Security – protecting users from malware and phishing pages
Speed – fast resolution of short URLs
Unlike other URL shortening service, goo.gl is exclusively for use with Google products and services like feedburner and only using google toolbar.
But now there are many methods of manually creating goo.gl shortened links
1: Within Google Chrome browser.
Making goo.gl shortened links in Google Chrome is damn easy ,
- Launch Beta Chrome browser
- Open goo.gl shortener extension page
- Click install button to use this plugin within Chrome browser
- Open any webpage & click goo.gl shortener link to get final shortened URL
- Once compressed the url you can copy to the clipboard with the handy copy function ,
- You can click copy or tweet button for further shortened URL sharingSimple, quick and easy way to generate goo.gl shortened links within Chrome browser .
Note : Google Chrome Extensions are not supported on Stable Chrome browser . For that you need to download the Beta Channel of Google Chrome to install extensions.
Drag this to bookmark Goo.gl This Page! in your browser firefox , safari ,opera even in chrome or in favorites in IE and simly click on it when you are on that website you are willing to goo.gl it !
Much quicker way and works in all browsers !
2: Firefox Addon
Simple extension called as goo.gl lite 1.0 to let you use Goo.gl, Google\'s URL shortener, without installing their toolbar. Clicking the button will generate a goo.gl URL and copy it to your clipboard
Note : Its an experimental add-on.