Linux which is considered a difficult OS to handle , just because new users running linux cant find their favorite or used to programs at correct place ,thats because linux has many many alternatives with many many features than windows can possess and that too free ! Here is the tutorial which will help you in making windows programs run in Linux be it ubuntu or kubuntu or any linux OS :
Its even possible to run
There are many new developments regarding how to apply Wine to run Windows programs on Linux , Wine , for those who don't know is a Free Tool for running Windows Programs in Linux and is available for free download from the project website .In some cases, you do still need Windows installed on the same machine .
- Check to see that the WINE program is installed . Check by typing the command locate wine [You should see a list of files with WINE]
- Be sure you have properly mounted your Windows drive.
- Edit the file /etc/wine.conf by changing the line under [Drive C] to read exactly: Path=/mnt/win
- Save the edited wine.conf file and then make sure you also copy the file user.dat to your Windows directory c:/windows/profiles/
- If you plan on running a game or other program that uses your midi then Linux midi-sequencer needs to be installed
- Now type cd "/mnt/win/Program Files/Accessories then type wine ./calc.exe
- This will run Windows Calculator on your Linux! You can run many such other programs by using similar commands, adjusting directory names and file names as needed.
Note: WINE is a very good simple emulator for free but it cant give exact replica or windows programs , like you wont be able to run Microsoft Office or gtalk .
For commercial software that allows this VMWare and Win4Lin is recommended.
For more such info , check Wine site