Here's why :
Microsoft Kodu is based on Kodu language which is a visual programming language for game developers. Those who know about game programming can use MicroSoft Kodu for creating small and rich environmental games.
- End-to-End creative environment for designing, building, and playing your own new games.
- High-level language incorporates real-world primitives: collision, color, vision
- Runs on Xbox 360, PC
- Interactive terrain editor
- Bridge and path builder
- Terrain editor - create worlds of arbitrary shape , size
- 20 different characters with different abilities
The core of the Kodu project is the programming user interface. The language is simple and entirely icon-based. Programs are composed of pages, which are broken down into rules, which are further divided into conditions and actions.
Designed specifically for game development and provides specialized primitives derived from gaming scenarios.
Programs are expressed in physical terms, using concepts like vision, hearing, and time to control character behavior.
While not as general-purpose as classical programming languages, Kodu can express advanced game design concepts in a simple, direct, and intuitive manner.
Video: Making of Computer Game through Kodu