Microsoft® Office 2010 gives you rich and powerful new ways to deliver your best work - whether you’re at work, home, or school - on a computer, Web browser, or Smartphone.
Microsoft has offered a free web-based version of its Office productivity suite, known as Office Web Apps, that will debut with the release of Office 2010.
Here are Office 2010 Applications : [in all 13]
* Word 2010
* Excel® 2010
* PowerPoint® 2010
* Outlook® 2010
* OneNote® 2010
* Publisher 2010
* Access® 2010
* InfoPath® 2010
* Office Communicator 2007 R2
* SharePoint Workspace 2010
* Visio® 2010
* Office Web Apps
* Office Mobile
Office Web Apps will include online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. The web apps will allow sharing and collaboration of documents and files and also feature user interfaces similar to their desktop counterparts. Office Web Apps will be available for free on all popular browsers on Mac, Linux or Windows PC.
Microsoft is expected to ship Office Web Apps alongside Microsoft Office 2010 sometime next year and this preview is only for people residing in United States , but now even you can try it out even if staying in different location using this simple hack :P
- Create a Windows Live ID (hotmail.com or msn.com or live.com ) if you don’t have one already or if your existing Live ID uses a country other than US.
While signing up, select "United States" for the Country .
- You may better put NewYork for the State field in mentioned province/state box and 10001 for the Zip Code or if other pincode of another province is known , enter that !
- Go to skydrive.live.com and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
Click the Documents folder and upload any file to this folder though "Add Files" .
you’ll see an invitation to join the Office Web Apps preview program.
An invitation to beta test Office Web Apps should appear by now.
Accept the EULA and you’re all set to use Office Web Apps namely word , powerpoint ,excel and onenote !
Enjoy upcoming Software and trying out working via web before thinking of buying :P