These days all the sites and coding are done with help of CSS which was advanced since the beginning of internet ! There are many software's like Dreamweaver which are pro and indeed very helpful in creating web-pages and you need to buy them to get full features .However there are also many many free tools available having most of these features .
CSS is used effectively in terms of inheritance and "cascading," acting as a global style sheet cthat can be used to affect and style elements site-wide. If the situation arises that the styling of the elements should need to be changed or adjusted, these changes can be made easily, simply by editing a few rules in the global style sheet. Before CSS, this sort of maintenance was more difficult, expensive and time-consuming and this is why CSS is now more used and is adopted in most of the networks.
While googling freeware tools for CSS i made this great collection of all tools which you can download easily !
- JustStyle CSS Editor : JustStyle CSS Editor is full-featured, yet easy-to-use, software for webmasters. It is a specialized style sheets development environment, featuring everything needed to develop and deploy cascade style sheets. Download
- PSPad : PSPad is ready to work immediately without requiring customization. The editor supports many file types and languages, with syntax highlighting. There are macros, clip files and templates to automate repetative tasks. Integrated HEX Editor, Project support, FTP Client, Macro Recorder, File Search/Replace, Code Explorer, Code page conversion… these are just some of the many features that PSPad offers. Download
- CSS Stylesheet Editor : The CSS Stylesheet Editor provides an easy method for creating and modifying CSS stylesheets for use with your HTML documents, without the need for knowledge of the CSS syntax. It provides intuitive fields for all of the CSS properties you’re ever likely to need. Download
- TopStyle Lite : It was designed for basic use as an inline style editor from within third-party web authoring tools such as HomeSite. Download
- Eledicss : Eledicss is a CSS2 editor (GPL licensed) implemented as a server-side PHP script. It allows editing CSS files using a web browser. Download
- A Style CSS Editor : It is a visual CSS editor which support graphic tree-type view of attachment files and the CSS structure. Also allow grouped view of properties and selectors. Have many more feature that other free editor don’t have. Download
- Simple CSS : It allows you to easily create Cascading Style Sheets from scratch, and/or modify existing ones, using a familiar point-and-click interface. Support Macs, Windows and Linux operating system. Download
- CSSED : It features syntax highlighting, syntax validation, MDI notebook based interface, quick CSS properties and values insertion, auto-completion and dialog-based insertion of CSS complex values. Download
- StyleAssistant : Style Assistant is an very easy-to-use utility for the generation of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) under Windows 9x, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP. Download
- Notpad++ : Popular and the most used editor. Its WYSIWYG interface helps you to deal and it is able to highlight syntax along with many more unique features . Download
- Aptana Studio : Its called Dreamweaver free alternative. Very famous for many cool features . I think this definition is enough. Download
In-case you dont know ; CSS is Cascading Style Sheets , a style sheet language used to describe the presentation semantics (that is, the look and formatting) of a document written in a markup language. Its most common application is to style web pages written in HTML and XHTML, but the language can also be applied to any kind of XML document, including SVG and XUL.