The first developer milestone of the next release of Firefox – code named Namoroka Alpha 1 – is now available for download.
Namoroka is built on pre-release version of the Gecko 1.9.2 platform, which forms the core of rich internet applications such as Firefox.
This Alpha of Namoroka / Gecko 1.9.2 introduces several new features:
- Compositor (Phase 1), which moves Gecko to using one native widget per top-level content document.
- A new focus model, described here and tracked in bug 178324
- The chromedir attribute has been replaced with a pseudoclass
- Several new CSS3 properties including background size and gradients for background images
- Startup and responsiveness improvements throughout the application
These features make this browser more efficient in loading speedier
But not all add ons work on this version , and the experimental add ons doesn't work at all
Better is to install in separate folder and try out , instead of upgrading to alpha ,as you will definitely need the old 3.5 version back and if directly updates ,this would require again uninstallation and again downloading setup and installing .
Windows: Namoroka 3.6 Alpha 1 Setup.exe
Mac OS X: Namoroka 3.6 Alpha 1.dmg
Though the New look is slight bit more eye pleasing and looks more professional and decorative that is more smooth and aeroish type , and with plus increased speed and other features , but it cannot handle old genuine and new experimental add ons . maybe better is to wait for beta ;)
NOTE: This release is intended for developers and testers only.