Pages

How to add Favicon on Blogger

         Blogger had by default favicon of  B [white color and background orange ] but many blogs can be seen with respected abbreviated forms of their blog url or cool animated pic , similarly in this blog , you can see Q ,thats what called a Favicon , in simple words ,
A favicon is a small 16X16 image located at the top of your browser , any browser Firefox , IE ,Opera etc in the url bar
Here's how to add Favicon :


You can help set your blog look unique by getting your very own unique favicon .If you have many websites opened up in browser and want to navigate ot specific website ,then by looking favicon in tab , its quite easy instead of reading address .      

Upload your favicon to some image host like PhotoBucket, ImageShack or TinyPic and get the image URL or link.
Now log in to Blogger | Dashboard | Layout | Edit HTML

and find </head> and place the following code just before </head> tag.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="YOUR FAVICON URL" />
<link rel="icon" href="YOUR FAVICON URL" />

Your code then should look like this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="YOUR FAVICON URL" />
<link rel="icon" href="YOUR FAVICON URL" />
</head>


Replace YOUR FAVICON URL with the URL of your image and then save your template.

There are many sites providing their default pics or you can upload your pic and customize it .
Uploading your favicon
Here are list of all tools that provides free setting up of Favicons :
  • favicon.cc
  • favicon.co.uk
  • html-kit.com/favicon
  • tools.dynamicdrive.com/favicon
  • favicon.com
  • degraeve.com/favicon
  • htmlkit.com/services/favicon

Any more favicon sites ? Comment here so that i can add them here

20 comments:

fio @ Action Figure Toy said...

that's right, make a favicon in blogspot is not easy just like you are using wordpress. but it's quite simple and you don't have to install any plugin :)

Michelle | Poster Printing said...

That's good to know. I'd like a favicon in my blog. Thanks for this.

hemorrhoids treatment said...

Wow, this is great post. I always have problem to adding favicon into my blogspot.
Thanks for this post.

Mike Cykler said...

Thanks for sharing the information of blogger, I ve been in many blogs but rarely finds any data about the blogger, all are concentrating on wordpress. Thanks for sharing the great piece of trick.

Maynard James Keenan said...

I prefer blogspot over wordpress, and you've helped me along that journey, thanks!

prognosis autism said...

Can we add favicon in wordpress???

qwertyweb said...

Yes we can , but only to wordpress that we have hosted , ie wordpress.org blogs not default wordpress.com blogs

Mike Pannell said...

Yes thanks for the information. I always want to add one to my blogger. Now I just have to get the image. Again thaks for the tips

typo3 templates said...

I have not knowledge about to add favicon on blogger. really thanks for this information. i am going to try this now.

Mortgage Home Loans said...

I 'll try to add favicon in my all blogs today. Thanks for sharing such a nice info buddy.

Blackout said...

How to add recommended reading to blogger? Will be really helpful if you can help

Thanks.

Belajar Blog said...

I also put a favicon just like you write on above. It's really simpe and I like it, it's not hard just like to install plugin in WP

Manhattan said...

I never even thought of adding a favicon, but if it's that easy, I'll just do it right now. Why not?

Lars Fich said...

Having own favicon of the site, your site will look authentic and more profesional, thanks for sharing the method for it.

Treatment for said...

Waw, I didn't know that you can do this with this blogging service.Always thought that blogger is a poor blogging service but this time I think I'm going to change my mind.

Used RVs said...

After read your post i come to know a perfect meaning of what is Favicon? This is totally new subject for me. I was heard about this but i don't about the use of this code.
Thanks for sharing this interesting topic.

Pinball Machines said...

This is so awesome like some other people on this blog I have never heard of favicon. But I am trying to set it up right now and I am excited. Thanks.

Turning Winds said...

Can't wait to try it as well. Thanks for the sites to be used on adding favicon on my site.

Thanks!

Alice said...

HOORAY! I finally got it to work:)

web design hampshire said...

I think all the favicons look great in my bookmarks toolbar. Now I just need to design a great looking favicon for my site. I found some handy favicon generators, but I can't stop making fun grid patterns.

Post a Comment

Comments are Do-Follow and Strictly Moderated
Please dont use keywords like money , cheap sales etc that appears to be spammy or self promoted
Use either your name or Site / Blog name
Comments should have greater than 20 words/2 lines or wont be published .
So Please make sure to read Comment Policy and Privacy Policy if you are commenting for the 1st time .