Lucid Lynx is the latest distro of ubuntu - one of the finest and user friendly Linux OS . This open source OS is packed with plenty of cool Features and off course promises. Currently 9.1 [ beta ]version of karmic koala was made available before 9.04 [ stable ] Karmic Koala . Upgrading your Karmic Koala 9.04 or 9.1 or any of your old Linux Ubuntu version like Jaunty Jackalope 8.04 and previous versions to Lucid Lynx 10.04 [ LTS ] is very easy .
Method 1. If you have internet [ Fast ! ]
- Start the Update Manager (System > Administration > Update Manager)
- Now you should be able to see that a new distribution release (10.04 LTS) is available in the Update Manager.
- Click the Upgrade button to start the distribution upgrade
Method 2. If you have no internet [ Slow internet ! ]
- You need an Offline Upgrade .
- This method is much faster as it just needs an ISO image to upgrade from HERE.
- Once you download this Image Mount the image
- When success, a pop up should appear offering you the option to upgrade using that CD / ISO image.
- If for some reason the upgrade dialog doesn’t pop-up,
gksu "sh /cdrom/cdromupgrade"
And still you are unable to get ISO , then you better buy a CD , or request free CD delivered to your home free where-ever you live , and that too without any courier or shipping charges !
Just insert the fresh CD , and you will see popup that , a new version is detected , and should it proceed to update , click yes and you are done !